Last minute Christmas shopping on Panic Saturday
Panic Saturday (also known as Super Saturday
) is the name given to the Saturday before Christmas Eve
in reference to its role as the last day of the Christmas
shopping season that starts on Black Friday
For many shops it is one of the days with the highest customer footfall and retail turnover of the year. For many shoppers it is the last chance to buy Christmas gifts, as, unlike on Black Friday and depending on the date on which Panic Saturday falls (it can be as early as December 17 and as late as December 23), buying Christmas gifts online may not be an option as purchases may not arrive in time.
To further entice customers into stores and to clear Christmas stock, retailers offer large discounts, store hours are extended, and some stores experience double or triple their typical customer numbers, leading to large crowds and long lines.
The Christmas shopping season also encompasses:
- Black Friday, the informal name given to the Friday after Thanksgiving (which is always held on the fourth Thursday in November) that marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season
- Buy Nothing Day, an international day of protest against consumerism, held on the same day as Black Friday
- Small Business Saturday, created as a counterpart to Black Friday and Cyber Monday to encourage shoppers to visit small and local shops, held the day after Black Friday
- Cyber Monday, a marketing term created by online retailers to encourage online shopping, held on the Monday after Black Friday
- Giving Tuesday, an international day of charitable giving, held the day after Cyber Monday
Further reading: Super Saturday
2022 calendar as templates for
Word, Excel and PDF
A selection of calendar templates for 2022 in landscape and portrait orientation and with US federal holidays, suitable for a variety of applications.
2022 calendar templates for Word
2022 calendar templates for Excel
2022 calendar templates for PDF